Through their work and dedication, serving as a Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) can lead to a career that has a profound impact upon the overall health and well-being of victims of sexual assault as well as the criminal justice system and the public at large.
The Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office is actively seeking applicants for the position of Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE). An FNE is a qualified registered nurse who is willing to provide compassionate and prompt care and services to victims of sexual assault that occur in the County of Middlesex. An FNE becomes qualified through specialized forensic nursing education and certifications. They are tasked with assessing and evaluating injuries that a victim has suffered and are responsible for identifying, collecting and packaging forensic evidence relevant to the sexual assault. They are also responsible for providing information and referrals to victims regarding follow-up care.
• Must possess a current and valid license as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey, and their status must be “in-good standing”
• A BA/BS is required (A BSN is preferred, but not mandatory)
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of clinical nursing experience
• Must meet/satisfy all New Jersey Board of Nursing certification requirements, which includes completion of an approved 64-hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) training course as well as specialized clinical competency training
• Must maintain and provide proof of professional malpractice insurance
• Must be willing and capable of providing sworn testimony in court regarding the results of their forensic examinations, more specifically, a FNE must provide a thorough description of the evidence identified and collected during the forensic examination
• Must be available to be on-call a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours each month
• Must live in the County of Middlesex or in close proximity to allow for a response to the examination site within sixty (60) minutes after notification
• Must enter into a Contract for Services with the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office on an annual basis
• Must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License and have continuous access to a vehicle to drive to the examination site
• This is a contracted position in which the FNE serves as a private contractor with the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office.
• All applicants being considered for this position are required to undergo a thorough background check conducted by the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office. This background check includes drug screening.
• Each qualified FNE becomes part of a pool of FNE’s to serve the victims of sexual assault in the County of Middlesex.
• FNE’s are financially compensated for being on-call as well as being called out.
All resume’s along with a cover letter must be submitted electronically Nicole Fusco (Nicole.email@example.com).
If you have questions, please contact SART/FNE Coordinator Nicole Fusco at 732-745-3338 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Civil Service Title: Project Director Nutrition Program)
Reports to the Director of the Office of Aging and Disabled Services within the Department of Community Services
Description: Manages Nutrition Division ensuring all administrative, direct supervision, health and County and grant requirements are met with accuracy and efficiency.
Reporting to the Public Works Director, the Division Manager will plan, organize, coordinate, monitor and manage the direct operation of MCAT’s Paratransit operations which serves older adults, people with disabilities and other County residents, including demand-response, fixed route and special trips while ensuring full compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and paratransit rules and regulations. Paratransit operations includes ADA bus service as well as other contracted services for paratransit clients.
The Planner requires advanced professional planning experience of high complexity and variety. Leadership and involvement with large complex planning assignments desirable.
Middlesex County is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.